Romantic wedding resorts in Savusavu
Savusavu is a quaint town reflecting the romantic Colonial era of a hundred years ago and locals here often call it the 'hidden paradise'. It overlooks a huge and picturesque bay with craggy highland ranges on the far side. Sailing boats and inter-island ferries enter the bay from the nearby ocean to access this sheltered marina and docking facilities. There are many places to stay in and around Savusavu, including a number of romantic resorts offering wedding packages and honeymoon accommodation. Very different from the mainland, here the pace is leisurely and relaxed and you will delight in the peaceful and romantic surroundings. "Savusavu ... the prettiest outpost in Fiji. It's perfect one day, a joy the next". Kim Gravelle - travel writer
» Savusavu Wedding Specials!
Escape to Savusavu
From the international airport in Nadi, it is easy to get to Savusavu in Fiji's friendly north. There are direct domestic air flights from the same terminal, offered by Air Fiji and Fiji Link (formerly Pacific Sun). The scenic flight takes about 50 minutes before you descend to the sealed runway at Savusavu's quiet airport. Depending on the direction of the wind, you approach either from the ocean flying over beautiful coral reef formations or alternatively by passing over Savusavu Bay and town. The resorts will have a vehicle and staff on hand to welcome you to Savusavu and to escort you to your destination.
Where to get married in Savusavu
For a special wedding, choose one of a number of Savusavu's top romantic resort getaways.
- Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort - On the tip of Lesiaceva Point, this resort is a private hideaway on the end of the road out of Savusavu heading west. Dramatic, spacious and lofty Fijian bures are surrounded by tropical gardens. The central facility offers wonderful location for leisurely meals looking out across the pool area to the ocean beyond. Private beach, massage bure, superb diving and other facilities.
- Koro Sun Resort - Over the past number of years, this resort has been upgraded and expanded beyond bounds. In addition to the central resort facilities and bure accommodation, couples may now book a luxury private villa on the hillside behind the resort with spectacular views to the resort, beach and marina below, to small offshore islands, and out to the blue Koro Sea.
- Lomalagi Resort - This resort, less than an hour's drive out of Savusavu, has just six spacious villas on a huge rolling property overlooking the vast Natewa Bay. Incredible views of ocean, sunsets and highlands. Walk down to the oceanfront below. Dolphins can be seen in the bay. Lomalagi - which means 'heaven' in the Fijian language - is an adults-only resort and weddings can be held in one of four special locations - Mount Lomalagi (highest point on the property), the panoramic deck with breathtaking views of Natewa Bay, the beach, or the Magic Circle - a special hidden grotto for wedding ceremonies.
- Namale Resort - This romantic resort built on a coconut plantation of bygone days features 5-star luxury honeymoon bures and villas right over the oceanfront. Owned by USA's Tony Robbins, nothing has been spared to provide the ultimate in exquisite honeymoon accommodation. The bures and villas are a harmonious blend of exotic Fijian traditional architecture and state of the art modern fittings. Weddings are a speciality here.
- Namena Island Resort - Namenalala Island - This resort is on its own 110-acre island off the coast and accessed by launch from Savusavu or direct from Nadi International Airport by special chartered sea plane (float plane). Just six bures and an equal number of white sand beaches means you are not jostling for room with a multitude of other guests! Joan and Tom Moody take great pride in the natural fauna and flora of the island and diving in the encircling coral reef is spectacular. Weddings are not usually held on the island due to its remoteness but it makes a spectacular Fiji honeymoon escape.
A tropical wedding in Savusavu Fiji provides a wonderful start to your married lives together, enriched by the tranquil surroundings and friendliness of the Fijian people.
Fiji Wedding Destinations
· Coral Coast
· Denarau - Nadi
· Mamanuca Islands
· Sunshine Coast
· Taveuni & Qamea
· Yasawa Islands
FIJI WEDDING REGISTRIES
· Getting to Fiji
· Map of Fiji